- World Vision is concerned about the impact that the COVID-19 health crisis could have on the children and communities we serve.
- We urge the world to unite to focus on the most vulnerable children, especially refugees and displaced children, and those living in communities with low access or weak health systems.
- World Vision is responding, and its Global Health Emergency Response to the most vulnerable people is centered on 17 countries, four of which are in Africa, through a multi-sectoral approach. Working in collaboration with local authorities, frontline health workers, academic institutions, faith leaders and communities, and local NGOs.
Response Plans & Priorities
- Scale up preventive measures to stop the spread of disease.
- Support health systems and workers.
- Provide children and families multi-sector support during the COVID-19 crisis.
Impact on Programmes
- Non-COVID-19 related regular programming across 26 World Vision operational countries in Africa are experiencing reduced/suspension of programmes of between 80-100%.