Ref: OCHA/GVA - 99/0243
Cuba - Hurricane Irene
OCHA - Situation Report No.5
2 December 1999
1. This situation report is a corrigendum to paragraph 4 of OCHA Situation Report no.4 of 28 October 1999.
2. Under the chapter "National Response" it was mentioned that the estimation of expenditures incurred in the prevention and early relief phase amounted to some CUP 53 million. The corresponding amount in US Dollars was wrongly stated as to be of approximately USD 2.5 million. Please note that the correct amount (at the then UN official exchange rate) is of USD 53 million.
3. Therefore, paragraph 4 of OCHA Situation report No. 5 should be read as follows:
" Approximately 58,000 persons have participated in the relief operations. It is estimated that expenditures incurred in the prevention and early relief phase amount to some CUP 53 million, (approximately USD 53 million)."
4. This Situation Report and further information on ongoing emergencies are also available on the OCHA Internet Website at: http:// www.reliefweb.int.
Telephone Number: +41-22-917-1234
In case of Emergency only: +41-22-917-2010
Desk Officers: Mr. Erik Haegglund, Direct
Tel. + 41-22-917-2299
And Mr. Carlos Monteiro-Pereira, direct tel: +41-22-917-1383
Contact person for media: Ms. Elena Ponomareva,
direct tel:+41-22-917 2336
Telex: 414242 OCHA CH
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.