• 64,987 people (8% of total population) have been directly affected by the floods.
• 80,000 people in Moroni and 3,900 in Mitsoudje were indirectly affected by broken water pumps.
• 1,318 households continue to be displaced and are being hosted by friends and relatives.
• The water supply issues in Moroni and surroundings have still not been resolved. There is a high risk of cholera outbreaks due to the lack of potable water and sewage services.
• Sectorial in-depth assessments for longer-term recovery and rehabilitation have started.
• All actors have agreed to contribute to a “one response” system for efficient organisation, reception, distribution and monitoring of incoming in-kind donations, under the overall coordination of COSEP.