- Mass displacements are rising in 2012, mostly affecting indigenous and Afro-Colombian communities in need of humanitarian assistance.
- Increased armed actions are causing serious humanitarian consequences including civilian casualties and displacements.
- Conflict-related events are leading to increases in school dropouts.
- Humanitarian access is hindered by increased hostilities, APM/UXO and restrictions by non-State armed groups.
- Departments are on alert for the first rainy season to start in mid-March.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.