XINING, Jan. 14 (Xinhua) -- The quake-hit Yushu Tibetan autonomous prefecture in northwest China's Qinghai province has used over 20.8 billion yuan (about 3.3 billion U.S. dollars) for reconstruction projects since the quake struck in 2010.
A 7.1-magnitude quake struck Yushu on April 14, 2010, leaving nearly 3,000 dead or missing.
A total of 20.89 billion yuan has been spent on the reconstruction work so far, provincial Governor Luo Huining said on Friday, adding that 15.88 billion yuan was spent in 2011.
Luo said 843 reconstruction projects, or 66 percent of the planned total, were kicked off by the end of last year, adding that 158 of them have been completed.
Many people have already moved into new homes, as 85.9 percent of the total number of planned residential houses have already been built, Luo said, adding that the reconstruction of the area's Tibetan monasteries has nearly been completed.
The governor said more than 15 billion yuan in reconstruction funds will be used this year, concluding the primary phase of reconstruction.