China

All displaced quake victims resettled

Format
News and Press Release
Source
Posted
Originally published
Origin
View original

YA'AN, Sichuan, May 7 (Xinhua) -- All 729,341 people who were displaced by a 7.0-magnitude earthquake in southwest China's Sichuan Province have been resettled, authorities in the city of Ya'an said on Tuesday.

Ya'an city government said it will subsidize displaced surviors as well as residents without a stable income.

More than 780,000 people will be subsidized with 10 yuan (1.62 U.S.dollars) and half a kilogram of grain per person per day for six months, according to the government plan.

Wang Qiang, a senior official in the quake epicenter Lushan County, Ya'an City, said all residents in his county now have access to water, electricity and medical care.

Satellite televisions have been installed in every relocation site and radios distributed to every tent.

School classes in the quake zone have also fully resumed.

So far, the quake has left 196 people dead and more than 12,000 others injured.