Final Report; Period covered: 2 December 2003 to 31 December 2005; Final appeal coverage: xx%.
- Emergency Appeal 23/2003 launched on 2 December 2003 for CHF 2,303,000 (USD 1,779,508 or EUR 1,448,063) for six months to assist 65,000 beneficiaries.
- Operations Update no. 2, dated 4 May 2004, extended the operation's timeframe until 31 December 2004.
- Operations Update no. 3, dated 25 June 2004, revised the Appeal budget to CHF 3,968,000 and confirmed the extension of the appeal timeframe until 31 December 2004.
- Revised Appeal 23/2003, dated 27 July 2004, revised the Appeal budget to CHF 14,215,000(USD 11,241,600 or EUR 9,297,000), increased the number of beneficiaries to 80,000.
- Operations Update no. 9 amended the number of beneficiaries to 60,000 and extended the timeframe until the end of February 2005.
- Operations Update no. 10 extended the timeframe until end of December 2005.
- Disaster Relief Emergency Funds (DREF) allocated: CHF 160,000.
This operation was aligned with the International Federation's Global Agenda, which sets out four broad goals to meet the Federation's mission to "improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity".
Global Agenda Goals:
- Reduce the numbers of deaths, injuries and impact from disasters.
- Reduce the number of deaths, illnesses and impact from diseases and public health emergencies.
- Increase local community, civil society and Red Cross Red Crescent capacity to address the most urgent situations of vulnerability.
- Reduce intolerance, discrimination and social exclusion and promote respect for diversity and human dignity.
For further information specifically related to this operation please contact:
In Chad: Andreas Koumo Gopina, Secretary General, Red Cross of Chad, N'Djamena; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone +235.523434;
In Chad: Dr. Razack V. Akadiri, Federation Head of Delegation, N'Djamena; Email: email@example.com; Phone +235.522.339; Fax +235.522.399; Mobile +235.627.84.84
In Cameroon: Javier Medrano, Federation Head of Central Africa Sub-Regional Office, Yaoundé; Email: Javier.firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone +237.221 74 37; Fax +237.221 74 39
In Senegal: Alasan Senghore, Federation Head of West and Central Africa Regional Delegation, Dakar; Email: email@example.com; Phone +221.869.36.41; Fax +221.860.20.02.
In Geneva: Jaime Duran, Federation Regional Officer for Chad Operations, Africa Dept.; Email: Jaime.firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone + 41.22.730.4914; Fax +41.22.733.0395
All International Federation assistance seeks to adhere to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO's) in Disaster Relief and is committed to the Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response (Sphere) in delivering assistance to the most vulnerable.
For longer-term programmes in this or other countries or regions, please refer to the Federation's Annual Appeal.
For support to or for further information concerning Federation programmes or operations in this or other countries, or for national society profiles, please also access the Federation's website at http://www.ifrc.org