• The security situation remains tense in and around Bangui. A mass grave containing about 30 charred and possibly tortured bodies was discovered in Bangui on 25 December near the city centre.
• The increasing insecurity in Bangui has triggered a new wave of displacement and reduced any likelihood of returns in the coming days. About 370,000 people are now displaced in 55 IDP sites in Bangui. This representing an increase of more than 70 per cent since 17 December.
• Up to 8,000 IDP children in Bangui participate daily in psychosocial activities in child-friendly spaces established by UNICEF and partners in IDP sites.
• The continuing violence is affecting the assessment of humanitarian needs, especially outside of Bangui.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.