· A convoy transporting 1,259 people at high risk of attack left Bangui’s PK12 neighborhood on 27 April for Moyen-Sido and Kabo.
· According to UNICEF, the number of children being treated for severe acute malnutrition has tripled at the Bangui Pediatric Hospital since the beginning of 2014. More children are likely to become malnourished in the coming months.
· Attacks against civilians in Boguila left 16 dead on 26 April, including three staff members of Médecins Sans Frontière. A staff member of the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) was killed in Bangui on 1 May.
· Incoming Senior Humanitarian Coordinator for the CAR Claire Bourgeois took up her functions 26 April.
· During a visit to CAR on 28 and 29 April, OCHA Director of Operations John Ging expressed serious concern about the deteriorating humanitarian situation and urged the international community to rapidly provide more support to the country.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.