"China has paid this amount into the dialogue committee's bank account here in Bangui [the CAR capital]," he told IRIN on Sunday.
Pomodimo had indicated previously that the talks would be held in March, but the date and venue are yet to be fixed.
The Chinese donation follows Gabon's of 100 million francs CFA in February.
The dialogue coordination team and the Ministry of Finance have put the provisional budget for the talks at 750 million francs, of which the government is expected to provide one-fifth.
"During our last trip [to Europe and the US], many friends made strong promises [of contributions]," Pomodimo said.
President Ange-Felix Patasse announced the plans for the national dialogue on 25 November 2002, to end conflict in the country. However, rebel troops loyal to former army chief of staff, Francois Bozize, have been fighting government forces since October 2002.
Patasse says the talks will take place in Bangui, but both the members of the internal opposition and those in exile demand that they be held in another country. The opposition also demands a general amnesty and the withdrawal of the Mouvement de liberation du Congo (MLC) combatants from the CAR. Based in neighbouring Democratic Republic of the Congo, the MLC troops have been backing the government army since October 2002, but have now withdrawn.
[This Item is Delivered to the "Africa-English" Service of the UN's IRIN humanitarian information unit, but may not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations. For further information, free subscriptions, or to change your keywords, contact e-mail: Irin@ocha.unon.org or Web: http://www.irinnews.org . If you re-print, copy, archive or re-post this item, please retain this credit and disclaimer. Reposting by commercial sites requires written IRIN permission.]
Copyright (c) UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs 2003