3,367 mt of food distributed
USD 651,766 cash transfer value distributed
USD 46 million (September 2021 to February2022) net funding requirements
418,186 people assisted In July 2021
North-West/South-West L2 response
• In the North-West and South-West regions, WFP reached 131,833 beneficiaries with 1,050 mt of food as unconditional resource transfer (URT)
• To prevent acute malnutrition, WFP provided 29 mt of specialised nutritious foods (SNFs) to 5,229 children aged 6-59 months and to 3,140 pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLWGs).
Lake Chad response
• In the Far North Region, WFP reached 104,893 beneficiaries with 990 mt of food and USD 238,854 cash transfers as URT.
• WFP also provided 96 mt of SNFs to 24,555 children aged 6-59 months.
• In addition, under the resilience activities, WFP provided 196 mt of food to 11,212 beneficiaries for food assistance for asset creation.
• In the East, Adamawa and North regions, WFP distributed 582 mt of food and USD 412,912 cash transfers to 87,613 beneficiaries as URT.
• To reduce acute malnutrition, WFP distributed a total of 132 mt of SNFs to 35,650 children (1,586 for treatment and 34,064 for prevention).
• Under the umbrella of resilience programme activities, WFP provided 292 mt of food to 14,061 beneficiaries for assets creation activities.
• UNHAS transported 441 passengers on two routes in July: Bamenda and Maroua/N’Djamena, which is above the monthly average of 348 so far. Overall, 1.64 mt of cargo was also transported in July. What about August?
• Negotiations with the Government of Cameroon were on-going for the resumption of flights to the Tiko airport, that would serve the South-West region.
Supply Chain – Mutengene Warehouse
• WFP launched a new warehouse facility in Mutengene, South-West Region. This facility will enable prepositioning of food items for the South-West, thus reducing the storage time in Douala and freeing up space for more food items.