MAY 2020 HIGHLIGHTS
• An estimated 83,557 pupils and students are eligible to sit for end of cycle exams in 2020.
• 16 out of the 37 health districts in the North-West and South-West (NWSW) have confirmed cases of COVID-19.
• A cholera outbreak is reported in Tiko and Limbe health districts in the South West.
• UNICEF supported the establishment of ten in-patient facilities in NWSW for the management of severe acute malnutrition (SAM) cases with complications.
• UNHCR and partner have acquired land to build temporal IDP shelter in some locations in the SW.
• OCHA and UNICEF supported a joint cluster led training of 81 frontline NGO staff on transmission, signs, symptoms and prevention of COVID-19 in the NW Region.
• IRC constructed 5 boreholes, rehabilitated 20 water distribution systems and constructed 18 tank bases and tap stands, resulting in an 82.4% increase in water supply coverage compared to April.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.