This report covers the period 1 July to 31 December 2010
Programme purpose: To coordinate support to host national societies as they scale up their humanitarian work in line with Strategy 2020.
Programme summary: The Southeast Asia secretariat team based in Bangkok:
- Supports and guides country office teams in Cambodia/Lao PDR, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines, Timor-Leste, Thailand, and Viet Nam;
- Provides requested technical support to the above countries as well as national societies with no secretariat country presence (i.e. Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia and Singapore);
- Strengthens institutional memory of the membership by capturing and sharing knowledge, good practice and lessons learnt;
- Via good partner relations, coordinates International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement work in the region within the IFRC mandate.
- Supports national societies as part of the zone team at times of disaster, i.e. in the recent floods in Southeast Asia
Financial situation: The budget has been revised down to CHF 2,859,261 mainly because of delayed implementation of several initiatives as a result of the series of disasters across the region in October. (Myanmar, Philippines, Viet Nam, Indonesia, and Thailand were all affected by various calamities). Appeal coverage is up to 130 per cent, with an expenditure of 80.6 per cent to date.