The Federal Government says it has not confirmed when refugees will be resettled from Nauru to Cambodia, days after the first group was set to depart.
People are in two minds on the edges at the moment because they are being scared by refugee advocates, and some people causing mischief on Nauru, and that needs to come to an end. Immigration Minister Peter Dutton
Australia has an arrangement with the south east Asian nation to resettle those on Nauru who are found to be refugees.
The first group bound for Cambodia was due to leave Monday.
Immigration Minister Peter Dutton said travel documents were being arranged and a number of people had given "positive indications" about being in the first group to depart.
But he said the number of people leaving was yet to be finalised as were the flight details, and preparations in Cambodia were continuing.
"We are working with people to identify job opportunities, to put in place packages that will help them with education with health, with the necessities to start a new life in Cambodia," Mr Dutton said.
"We are in the middle of organising logistics, travel documents, all of that which takes time when you are dealing with two countries separate to Australia.
"We will work through those logistical issues and we will have an announcement to make in due course in terms of the arrangements and number of people and the date of departure."
Advocates scaring refugees: Dutton
The ABC was previously told up to 10 refugees could leave Nauru for Phnom Penh.
"We have already had positive indications from a number of people and we are working with others," Mr Dutton said.
But the Minister said it was a "cruel hoax" refugee advocates were telling people not to accept resettlement.
"People are in two minds, on the edges, at the moment because they are being scared by refugee advocates, and some people causing mischief on Nauru, and that needs to come to an end," Mr Dutton said.
"These people are not coming to Australia."
Refugees who resist resettlement may get less assistance: Dutton
A video message from Peter Dutton is being played to refugees and asylum seekers on Nauru, warning they may get less resettlement support if they are not in the first group.
"This package will assist refugees to establish new lives in Cambodia and is available to those who decide to travel as part of the first group to Cambodia," the message said.
"There's no guarantee that this level of support will be offered to people who wait and do not commit to this first group."
Labor and the Greens were not available for comment.
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- © ABC