- Food purchasing power of households decreased in both rural and urban areas on a month-on-month basis because the drop in unskilled wage rates outweighed stable and increasing rice prices.
- Retail price of lowest quality rice slightly decreased by 0.3% in rural areas and increased by 2.1% in urban areas, on a month-on-month basis. The provincial level price trends can be explained by the difference in regional price trends.
- Wholesale price of mixed rice increased by 7.3% month-on-month and 29.8% year-on-year.
- Export price of Thai and Vietnamese rice, benchmarks for Asia, moved in different directions. Thai prices increased by 9.5% month-on-month, while Vietnamese prices decreased by 1.7% month-on-month.
- International rice prices (FAO (global) All Rice Price Index), decreased by 1.2% month-on-month.
- The FAO Food Price Index slightly decreased by 0.5% month-on-month, but increased by 1.1% year-on-year.