UNHCR Cote d'Ivoire Factsheet - January 2018
- 08 mass awareness campaigns on Birth Registration, SGBV, Human Rights and HIV/Aids in Guiglo.
- 130 Ivorian Refugees were able to return to Cote D’Ivoire safely from Guinea, Togo and Liberia.
- 15 graduates received their installation kits and 196 new students enrolled in the Training center in Tabou
Voluntary Repatriation of Ivorian Refugees
- 15 January, UNHCR and its partner welcomed the 1st repatriation convoy for the year 2018 from Ghana with 5 households of 16 people assisted.
- 18 January, 18 households of 70 people (34 women and 36 men) coming from Guinea were assisted at the Danane’s transit center (South-west).
- 25 January, 44 Ivorian refugees were safely repatriated back to Cote D’Ivoire from Ghana and Togo through the Noe’s border (Ghana).
- The transits centers in both Toulepleu and Danane (South-west) are being rehabilitated at this time.
- As part of the 2017 shelter project and in the context of the UNHCR reintegration program for returnees; 252 houses and 227 latrines have been completed out of the 278 planned for each in both Guiglo and Tabou.