This report is produced by OCHA in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It was issued by the OCHA Regional Office for West and Central Africa. It covers the period from 26 March – 8 April. The next report will be issued on or around 15 April.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• Protection of civilians and provision of aid key priorities as UN’s chief humanitarian official ends visits in Liberia and Côte d’Ivoire
• Humanitarian crisis looms in Abidjan and western Côte d’Ivoire, with 800,000 IDPs across the country
• More than 125,000 refugees in Liberia, and numbers increasing in other neighbouring countries
• Aid agencies scale up response in the west and appeal for funds to support emergency relief
• Humanitarian appeal revised to reflect greatly increased needs
• UN human rights experts call on all parties to spare civilians and stop human rights violations
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.