USD 11.7 m total requirements
USD 1.2 m six months net funding requirements
USD 141,187 distributed in Cash Transfer
3,210 people assisted in May 2020
• During May, Bolivia was in total national lockdown, schools remained closed as well as the country borders. The staff was working from home and all missions not related to the emergency were suspended.
• The Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs implemented isolation centres in the bordering cities of Pisiga, Yacuiba and Puerto Suarez. The purpose of these centres is to ensure that Bolivians returning from neighbouring countries comply with the quarantine measures. As per the Government's request, WFP distributed around 1,450 food rations in these isolation centres for the 14 days of quarantine.
• WFP continued with the assistance to 1,000 vulnerable people with chronic, heritable and noncommunicable diseases through electronic vouchers for the purchase of food and essential goods in selected supermarkets from La Paz and El Alto. On 21st May, nutritional workshops started.
• In the framework of the Repsol Foundation financed programme, WFP distributes Take-Home Rations (THR) in the Municipality of Entre Ríos for 5,000 girls and boys. Rations are composed of 14.4 kg of flour and 200 gr of dried peas (per girl/boy). These products were initially destined to strengthen the Municipal School Feeding Programme but, due to the COVID-19 prevention measures, schools are closed since March. For this reason,
WFP agreed with the donor to distribute THR.
• WFP Bolivia continues supporting the Ministry of Health with a communication campaign in alliance with the UN Global Pact and a national TV show (PICA), diffusing nutritional messages to affront quarantine and COVID-19.