• The inauguration of Mr. Alassane Ouattara as President of Côte d’Ivoire is scheduled to take place on 21 May.
• The Ivorian Red Cross reported 60 dead bodies in the Yopougon neighbourhood of Abidjan after ongoing fighting between the “Forces Républicaines de Côte d’Ivoire” and the pro-Gbagbo militias.
• On Monday 02 May, Laurent Gbagbo met with the South-African Archbishop, Desmond Tutu alongside former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan and former Irish President and UN human rights chief Mary Robinson in Korhogo in the north of Côte d’Ivoire.
• The government has started paying civil service salaries, which were on hold during the conflict.
• Long queues formed at banks that re-opened on 26 April, after having been closed for two and a half months. Armed robberies of the Banque de l’Habitat de Côte d’Ivoire and Group BNP Paribas vaults were reported on the same day.