EVENT: Tropical Depression Sixteen and subsequent flooding events
TIME PERIOD: October 14th to 22nd 2008
October 14th 2008
- TD Sixteen located at 15.6 North and 83.2 West NEMO advices: Tropical Storm
Watch for the coast of Belize from Belize City to Punta Gorda.
- Rain Forecast: 4 to 8 inches and up to 15 inches of accumulated rainfall over the hills.
October 15th 2008 8 a.m.
- TD Sixteen located at 16 North and 84 West NEMO advices: Tropical Storm
Warning for the entire coast / country of Belize. Preliminary Phase.
- Areas of Concern: Kendal / Jordan
- Supplies pre-positioned at Fair-weather Camp in Punta Gorda.
- National Medical Care and Public Health Committee meeting held to inform the members and check on the status of preparedness.
October 15th 2008 4:20 p.m.
- TD Sixteen located at 15.8 North and 85.4 West weakening. NEMO advices:
Discontinue TS Warning and Preliminary Phase but continue FLOOD WATCH.
- TD Sixteen officially ended.