• On late Friday, 22 March 2013, tornado ripped through more than a dozen rural villages in the eastern Bangladesh district of Brahmanbaria, in the Chittagong division, battering six unions of three upazilas(sub district)
• On afternoon of Saturday, 23 March 2013, another tornado lashed 50 villages in Patnitola and Damurhuda upazilas of Naogaon districts in the Rajshahi Division.
• At least 36 people are killed, 413 severely injured and more than 1,800 families affected in both areas. • The government of Bangladesh has responded to the emergency and is currently engaged in relief efforts in both areas.
• Rescue operations are carried out with the help of Fire Service, BGB, Police, RHD, PWD and local public representative.
• Medical teams from Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW) have been sent to provide emergency healthcare services.
• WHO is monitoring the situation in close coordination with the MoHFW and is on stand- by to provide support as needed.