D I S A S T E R R E L I E F
- Bolivia & Guatemala: IRT shipped nearly $1 million of relief supplies to aid flood victims in Bolivia and delivered 75 metric tons of emergency food to villagers in Guatemala who suffered crop failures from recent hurricanes.
- Louisiana: IRT sent 2 shipments of medicines and supplies worth more $66,400 to aid victims of Hurricane Ike.
- Mississippi: IRT deployed six skilled construction teams, totaling 98 volunteers, as part of its multi-year commitment to help poor and elderly victims of Hurricane Katrina repair or rebuild their homes.
- California: IRT provided more than $34,000 to address the unmet needs of San Diego County fire victims. IRT volunteers assembled 50 sheds for fire victims to store their personal items on their property as they began the process of rebuilding.
- Mexico: IRT worked through local relief agencies in purchasing essential medicines and supplies for flood victims in the State of Tabasco.
- Haiti: IRT, through local partners, purchased enough food and water for 25,000 desperate hurricane victims. IRT also provided three shipments of essential medicines and medical supplies worth more than $459,000, and airlifted 480 family-size tents to provide temporary shelter for left homeless by the storms.
- Bangladesh: IRT rushed a shipment of medicines and medical supplies worth more than $67,000 to Bangladesh to help victims of Cyclone Sidr.
- Sudan/Darfur: IRT airlifted 2 shipments of urgently needed medicines and medical supplies worth more than $2.9 million to Southern Sudan to assist Sudanese refugees fleeing Darfur, bringing the total amount of humanitarian aid IRT has provided during this humanitarian crisis to nearly $13.5 million.
- China: IRT supplied more than 1,000 family-size tarps and 20,000 bottles of antibacterial hand sanitizer to earthquake victims.
- Myanmar: IRT airlifted a large container of medicines and relief supplies worth nearly $238,000 into Myanmar (Burma) to aid cyclone victims.