To date, HKRC has allocated a total of approximately HK$620 million to support programs in Indonesia, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, India, Thailand, Bangladesh, Myanmar, and the Seychelles:
- disaster management programs, including emergency relief, to more than 1.5 million person-times;
- housing reconstruction programs benefitting approximately 20,000 people;
- schools and health facilities reconstructed, rehabilitated and equipped to assist over 260,000 people;
- water supply and sanitation facilities reconstructed and rehabilitated to benefit about 41,000 person-times;
- livelihood support to more than 27,000 people;
- health programs serving almost 3.4 million person-times.
In order to help create more resilient communities, HKRC has also supported disasters preparedness and risk reduction programs in five tsunami affected countries, enabling mapping of hazards and evacuation routes, early warning early action systems, establishing community disaster response teams, training in emergency first aid, disaster response and preparedness.
As tsunami projects draw to a close, HKRC continues managing all tsunami projects in an accountable manner while beneficiaries are satisfied with the services provided.