76,278 estimated affected population
Abaco and Grand Bahama islands directly affected
39,000 planned people to be assisted by WFP in coordination with the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA)
• WFP has four staff in-country to support the Government-led response. Additional staff are being deployed.
• WFP has drafted a 3-month Limited Emergency Operation (LEO) for USD 5.4 million to reach 39,000 beneficiaries. Needs may increase as assessments continue to come in.
• CDEMA and WFP to establish logistics hubs and telecommunications to facilitate the response.
• Category 5 Hurricane Dorian has so far killed 7 people and caused severe damage to over 13,000 houses. Initial reports estimate that 76,278 people are directly affected.
• The Government pre-emptively requested humanitarian assistance on 29 August 2019.