0 people assisted in August 2021
US$0 cash-based transfers made
0 mt of food assistance distributed
US$1.5 m six months (September 2021 – February 2022) net funding requirements
• WFP continues the implementation of the Food Value Chain Programme, which also includes the execution of the Wholegrain Wheat Value Chain Project (designed from July 2020 to July 2022). In line with the project goal of strengthening the wholegrain wheat value chain in the Tavush region and increasing the capacity of processing wholegrain wheat into high-quality wholegrain wheat flour, WFP completed the construction of the wholegrain mill and the installation of the wholegrain flour production line in Tavush region in August.
• Within the framework of the Women’s Economic Empowerment Value Chain Project, in August WFP supported female agribusiness actors to economically benefit from investments. Specifically, WFP completed the procurement of fruit dryers and solar stations for 15 female farmers.
• As part of the Berd project which aims at establishing food value chains to increase the offer of nutritionally diversified food, WFP completed the construction of a hydroponic greenhouse in Berd community.
• Two agricultural trainings were conducted for beneficiaries of the Whole Grain Value Chain and Berd projects, with the support of the Armenian National Agrarian University (ANAU).
• In August, WFP continued to implement activities under the School Agriculture Project, which aims at supporting vulnerable populations in Armenia, including schoolchildren, to have access to adequate and nutritious food all year-round. During the reporting period and within the scope of the project, WFP completed the establishment of intensive orchards and berry gardens in 25 schools and the construction of greenhouses in 12 schools in different regions of Armenia.