1. Basic Decisions
- Decision No. 314 by the Permanent Council of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), 22 July 1999, (PC.DEC/314).
- 241st Plenary Meeting, PC Journal No. 241, Agenda item 6
In accordance with the decision of the OSCE Permanent Council referred to above, the Office will perform the following tasks:
- Promote the implementation of the OSCE principles and commitments as well as the co-operation of the Republic of Armenia within the OSCE framework, in all OSCE dimensions, including the human, political, economic and environmental aspects of security and stability;
- Facilitate contacts, co-ordinate activities and promote information exchange with the Chairman-in-Office and other OSCE institutions as well as co-operation with international organizations and institutions;
- Establish and maintain contacts with local authorities, universities, research institutions and NGOs and assist in arranging events with OSCE participation;
- Perform other tasks deemed appropriate by the Chairman-in-Office or other OSCE institutions and agreed on between the Republic of Armenia and the OSCE .
The Office will be established in Yerevan. Its initial period of duration will be until 31 December 1999, with a possibility of prolongation for periods of twelve months by mutual agreement between the OSCE and the Republic of Armenia.
The Office's original mandate lasted until 31 December 1999. A subsequent prolongation was decided at:
- 260th PC meeting, PC.DEC/324, 2 December 1999:until 31 December 2000.
The Office will have up to six international staff members, including the Head of the Office. This number may be increased upon decision by the OSCE Permanent Council.
The Chairman-in-Office appointed Ambassador Roy Reeve of the United Kingdom (as of 14 September 1999) as Head of the OSCE Office in Yerevan.
6. Financial implications
The OSCE Budget for 2000, adopted at the 262nd Plenary Meeting of the Permanent Council on 15 December 1999, PC.DEC/331, OSCE Office in Yerevan: EUR 511,000.
OSCE Secretariat | Kärntner Ring 5-7 | 1010 Vienna, Austria | tel.: (+43-1) 514 36 180 | fax: (+43-1) 514 36 105 | e-mail:email@example.com