Hurricane Lenny - Caribbean Region
OCHA Situation Report No. 5
19 November 1999
This message is not an official hurricane warning or alert for any country.
1. The National Hurricane Centre in Miami reports that a hurricane warning remains in effect for Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Montserrat, Saba, St Barthelemy, St Eustatius, St Kitts and Nevis, St Maarten/ St Martin.
2. At 15.00 GMT, the eye of Hurricane Lenny was located near latitude 18.0 North and longitude 62.8 West which means between St Marteen and St Barthelemy.
3. Lenny is expected to move toward the east northeast at near 3 mph / 6kmh
4. Maximum sustained winds are near 90 mph / 150 kmh with higher gusts. Those winds should still decrease during the coming hours.
5. This situation report, together with further information on ongoing emergencies is available on the OCHA Internet Website at: http://www.reliefweb.int
Telephone number: + 41-22-917-1234
In case of emergency only: + 41 22 917 2010
Desk Officers: Mr. Erik Haegglund, direct tel: + 41-22-917-3299
Contact person for the media: Ms. Elena Ponomareva, direct tel:+41-22-917-2336
Telex 41 42 42 ocha ch
Fax: + 41 22 917 0023
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.