Sweden is also participating in acute reconstruction efforts in Angola. A grant of SEK 19 million will therefore be allocated to the World Food Programme (WFP) for the reparation of bridges and roads. This project will be carried out by the Swedish Rescue Services Agency.
The Swedish contributions, which are intended for both reconstruction projects and acute humanitarian needs, will be distributed as follows:
- SEK 20 million to the United Nations
Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- SEK 11 million to the UN Office for
the Coordination of Humanitarian Assistance (OCHA)
- SEK 20 million to the Food and Agriculture
Organisation of the United Nations (FAO)
- SEK 10 million to the Office of the
UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- SEK 4 million to the Lutheran Association
- SEK 4 million to the Norwegian Refugee
- SEK 2 million to the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
"However, the Angolan Government has the ultimate responsibility for the humanitarian situation and long-term developments in Angola. One condition for continued Swedish development cooperation is that the Angolan Government pursues development policies that benefit the entire Angolan population", says the Minister for Development Cooperation.