I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- In northern Namibia, flooding has caused around 700 people to move to safer areas.
- In northern Malawi, recent flooding affected 300 people.
- In south-western Angola, at least 25 people have been killed by the impact of heavy rains.
- In southern Namibia, the Okavango River is rising fast. Flood readiness should be maintained.
- The Government of Mozambique has downgraded the flood alert levels from red to orange in all relevant river basins; however humanitarian needs persist in some affected areas.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.