I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- With rains continuing in the flood affected areas, the number of persons evacuated from the flood affected regions has risen to 5,352.
- The Albanian Red Cross will provide food and non-food items to 2,200 families
- The UN and the Government of Albania signed an agreement on 11 January 2010 on the provision of a $240,000 emergency cash grant to support the affected population.
II. Situation Overview
1. Rains continued to fall in the floods affected areas. The number of persons evacuated has risen from 4,025 to 5,352 persons, most of whom are staying with relatives. The number of houses flooded (in whole or in part) now stands at 2,489. Total farmland flooded has increased slightly to 10,400 ha, while estimates of livestock at risk remain unchanged at 9,830 animals.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.