I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- According to the US Geological Survey (USGS), on 11 June 2012, three earthquakes hit Afghanistan’s Hindu Kush region; of varying magnitudes of 5.4 at 09:32am, 5.7 at 09.59am and 4.2 at 01.02pm local time respectively. [http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usb000acnm.php.]
- According to the Provincial Governor a rescue and medical team has been dispatched to the affected area.
- An emergency PDMC will be held on 12 June, 2012 at 07.30am, where the Head of Police who has gone to the affected area will be expected to brief the meeting.
- OCHA is liaising with local authorities and humanitarian partners to identify need and priorities for humanitarian response.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.