Strengthening of the coordination of emergency humanitarian assistance of the United Nations: Report of the Secretary-General (A/55/82 - S/2000/61)
1. The present report has been prepared pursuant to General Assembly resolution 46/182 of 19 December 1991, in which the Assembly requested the Secretary-General to report annually to it and to the Economic and Social Council on the coordination of humanitarian assistance, Council resolution 1995/56 of 28 July 1995, in which the Council requested the Secretary-General to submit a comprehensive report on humanitarian assistance, and subsequent resolutions.
2. The present report is also submitted in response to requests contained in Assembly resolutions 54/30 of 22 November 1999 on emergency response to disasters and 54/233 of 22 December 1999 on international cooperation on humanitarian assistance in the field of natural disasters from relief to development.
* Get Adobe Acrobat Viewer (free)
Click below for summaries of the summaries and speeches
- Opening Statement of Ms. Carolyn McAskie, Emergency Relief Coordinator, a.i., at the Humanitarian Segment of the Economic and Social Council (20 Jul 2000)
- Closing Remarks of Ms. Carolyn McAskie, Emergency Relief Coordinator, a.i., at the Humanitarian Segment of the Economic and Social Council (20 Jul 2000)
- Central Asia - Dought Briefing Note for ECOSOC (19 Jul 2000)
- Summary of the Presentation by the UN Humanitarian Coordinator in Georgia: IDPs and Frozen Conflicts: Answering the Challenge (19 Jul 2000)
- Economic and Social Council Humanitarian Segment: Panel Discussion on Internal Displacement (19 Jul 2000)
- Economic and Social Council Chairman's Summary of the Discussions: Panel Discussion on Technology and Natural Disasters (19 Jul 2000)
- Summary of the Presentation by the UN Resident Coordinator In Mozambique: Natural Disasters and Technology (19 Jul 2000)
- Recent Natural Disasters in Turkey: An Overview of the National Technological Capacity and Its Utilization (19 Jul 2000)