- In September, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced a pledge of US$100 million to the Pakistan Humanitarian Response Plan, and a further US$ 1 million towards the Yemen Flash Appeal. Further details of these donations will be released shortly.
- The Yemen Flash Appeal, for a total of US$23,750,000, was launched on 2 September. As of end September, no funding had been received, but as of 10 October 16% of the Yemen Flash Appeal's requirements have been met, with significant pledges in the pipeline.
- As of 30 September 2009, the CERF provided more than US$247 million, over US$32 million (13%) of which was given to countries in the MENACA region. The majority of this money went towards projects in the following sectors: Shelter and NFI (23%), Food (22%), Health (17%) and Water & Sanitation (17%).
- In the 3rd quarter of 2009, countries in the MENACA region gave over US$94 million in humanitarian assistance, US$68 million of which came from the United Arab Emirates. Pakistan received the majority of this assistance (nearly US$54 million), followed by Afghanistan (US$37 million).
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.