Global food price monitor - December 2010
- The FAO Food Price Index continued to rise in November.
- International prices of wheat and rice increased significantly in November and early December. Prices of maize remained firm.
- In Asia, prices of rice further strengthened in the past month while prices of wheat remained high.
- In Africa, prices of cereals are declining or stable and at low levels in all sub-regions.
- In Central America, prices of beans are at record levels. Prices of maize that had seasonally declined remained generally stable.
- In South America, prices of wheat flour and potatoes stayed at high levels.