The FSAC has been a central part of the humanitarian response in Afghanistan since 2008. It is co-led by World Food Program (WFP) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), with a Non-governmental Organization as co-chair. Over 172 partner organizations country-wide are active in the FSAC, including NGOs, Government ministries UN agencies and donors.
Amongst the 172 partners and members, the numbers break down as follows 78 international NGOs, 60 national NGOs, 3 Red Cross/Crescent related organizations, 6 private and research institutions, state-level line ministries, 9 UN agencies and 12 donors.
- Reactivation of the EWI WG.
- Drafted FSAC standard response packages.
- FSAC field visit to southern region.
- Finalized FSAC newsletter and shared it with all partners.
- FSAC conducted national and regional monthly meetings.
- NGO Co-chair selected for South Region.