*denotes new or updated items:
* SOUTHERN AFGHANISTAN - Three U.S. service members were killed while fighting militants in southern Afghanistan, and a roadside bomb killed a fourth foreign service member whose nationality was not given, NATO-led forces said.
* NORTHEAST AFGHANISTAN - One foreign soldier died in a gun battle in eastern Afghanistan, and another died of his wounds afterwards, NATO-led forces said.
France said that a French soldier under NATO command was killed and another seriously injured in the battle, which flared up when Taliban insurgents attacked a patrol in the Alasay Valley, northeast of the capital.
* NIMROZ - Unidentified gunmen killed an acting district mayor in southwestern Nimroz province, the Interior Ministry said in a statement. Abdullah Jan was gunned down by assailants in a market in Delaram district of the province, it said.
HELMAND - A helicopter belonging to NATO-led forces made a hard landing at a military base on Monday in southern Helmand province, the alliance said in a statement.
There were no casualties to the crew, but the helicopter is not flyable. The incident is being investigated but there are no indications of enemy involvement, it added.
HELMAND - Afghan troops killed 11 insurgents in an operation in a district of Helmand province, the Afghan defence ministry said on Monday.
KUNAR - Five militants were killed in an air raid by foreign troops in an area of eastern Kunar province after an abortive ambush on a convoy of troops on Sunday, police said.
URUZGAN - A roadside bomb hit a vehicle belonging to a western aid group on a road in southern Uruzgan province on Sunday, killing two of its Afghan employees, police said.
SOUTHERN AFGHANISTAN - A service member with NATO-led forces was killed by a blast on Sunday in southern Afghanistan, NATO said.
(Compiled by Kabul Bureau; editing by Sanjeev Miglani)
(For more Reuters coverage of Afghanistan and Pakistan, see: http://www.reuters.com/news/globalcoverage/afghanistanpakistan)
(firstname.lastname@example.org; Kabul newsroom: +93 799 335 285))
If you have a query or comment about this story, send an e-mail to email@example.com)
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet