* denotes new or updated items.
BAGHLAN - One U.S. soldier was killed and two wounded when a suicide bomber dressed in police uniform blew himself up in a police station in Pul-i-Khumri, capital of Baghlan province, 160 km (100 miles) northeast of Kabul, a police official said.
The U.S. military said it was aware of an incident including some casualties but could provide no further details.
* WESTERN AFGHANISTAN - A soldier from the U.S.-led coalition was killed when his vehicle struck a roadside bomb in western Afghanistan, the U.S. military said. It did not release the nationality of the soldier.
* MAYDAN WARDAK - A U.S. helicopter was forced to land after it was damaged by small-arms fire in Maydan Wardak province, 80 km (50 miles) southwest of Kabul, a spokesman for the U.S. military said. No crew members were hurt and the helicopter was being recovered, he said.
(Compiled by Jonathon Burch; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet