• This report includes surveillance data from 19th to 25th January 2013.
• Out of 338 functional Sentinel sites(SS), all 338 (100%) have sent their reports in Week-04 of 2013;
• Out of total 307,439 Consultations (135508 Male, 171931 Female) recorded in week-04 of 2013, 115,636 (55723 Males, 59913 Females) consultations were reported due to DEWS target diseases.
• Main causes of consultations this week are Acute Respiratory Infections/ART (32.4%) and Acute Diarrheal Diseases/ADD (4.6%) from total clients in a continuing trend from the week before.
• 55 deaths caused due to Pneumonia, Diarrheal diseases and Meningitis/Severely ill children, so that 46(25Male, 21 Female) deaths due to pneumonia, 2 (1Male, 1Female) deaths due to diarrheal diseases and 7(7 Male, 0 Female) deaths reported due to Meningitis and Severely Ill Children.
• In this reporting week, one Measles outbreak was reported from Maroof district of Kandahar province, one Brucellosis outbreak in Daikundi province and one food poisoning outbreak reported from Nimroz province and one Pertussis outbreak reported from Bini Hesar of Kabul city.