Key issues in the past week:
• A total of 282,000 people have been verified as having been displaced by conflict in 2018.
• Three new polio cases have been recorded in the south and east of the country.
• 223,100 people are currently estimated to be displaced in the western region as a result of drought.
9,758 New IDPs reported in the past week
158,000 People assisted in the past week
282,000 Total verified IDPs in 2018
Countrywide conflict displacement
A total of 281,979 people have been verified as having been displaced by conflict in 2018, according to OCHA’s Displacement Tracking System (DTS), an increase of 8,463 on the previous week’s total. Overall, the number of people displaced so far is 32% less than the same period last year (416,662).
Conflict Displacement Alerts (see map & remark on p.2)
Alerts of conflict displacement are shared based on initial information received from the ground. Numbers can change as more information becomes available.
Central Region: Around 3,815 people have been displaced from insecure areas of Paktika to Urgun and Sharana districts. Around 2,660 people have been displaced to Malistan and Jaghuri districts of Ghazni following armed conflict in Khas Uruzgan district of Uruzgan province.
Southern Region: According to ANDMA Kandahar, around 1,260 people have been displaced from insecure areas of the province to the Kandahar city during the past week.
Eastern Region: According to DoRR Nangarhar, around 2,020 people have been displaced from different areas of the province to Behsud, Jalalabad City, Rodat and Surkhrod districts.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.