I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- Flooding and heavy rains have affected nine provinces in the Central and South-east regions over the past two weeks.
- The Afghan National Disaster Management Authority has convened Provincial Disaster Management Committees to respond to flood damages.
- Assessments and assistance are underway in accessible areas. The main damages reported include shelter, infrastructure, agricultural land, harvests, livestock and trees.
- The priority needs for those affected include food, emergency shelter, health-care and non-food items.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.