• 10 provinces affected by flash floods, following heavy rain on 24 April.
• 132 Afghans reported as killed by provincial sources, these numbers remain subject to verification.
• More than 39,000 Afghans have been affected by the floods to date and are in need of assistance; almost 16,000 of these have been displaced.
• Across the provinces flood waters have destroyed homes, public infrastructure and roads. Thousands of hectares of agricultural land have been destroyed.
• The most recent assessments indicate Jawzjan province as the most severely impacted with over 27,000 people affected.
• Immediate humanitarian needs are for emergency shelter, NFIs, food and clean water.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.