• In the week 3 of January 2022, the prices of food items were significantly higher than the last week of June ( before the recent conflicts and political change).
• The average price of wheat, wheat flour, cooking oil, rice, pulses and sugar slightly increased in the third week of January 2022 compared to last week, after it peak price in 3rd week of Dec 2021. Rise in the price of dollar and devaluation of the afghani currency directly led to increase in food prices.
• Average weekly price of diesel increased by 1.6% and reached 74.1 AFN/L, due to exchange rate fluctuations.
• Work opportunities slightly deteriorated by 2.6% compared to last week.
• Both casual labour/wheat and pastoralist ToT deteriorated by 1.9% and 1.5%, respectfully as price of wheat increased.
• Exchange rate (USD to AFN) after drastic increase in the 2nd week of December, slightly decreased in the 3rd week and again negligibly increased in the fourth of December 2021, first, second and third weeks of January 2022, reached 105.4 AFN/USD and still lack of cash (USD) in markets & Banks and high demand for it exists in the market.