UNESCO
International Organization based in France

All Updates

882 entries found
15 Oct 2017 description
file preview
Arabic version

Baghdad, 12 October 2017 –UNESCO and the Ministry of Education of Iraq marked the successful completion of the piloting of the Student Information Management System (SIMS) at the Resafa 3 General Directorate of Education in Baghdad. The main objective of the SIMS is to enable a more efficient and decentralized education system in Iraq and to provide Ministry of Education planners and school administrators with timely and accurate information about students, teachers and schools.

12 Oct 2017 description

La Directora de la UNESCO en México, Nuria Sanz, se reunió el 28 de septiembre con el Alcalde de Puebla, Luis Banck, para conocer la evaluación realizada por la administración local y el plan que se puso en marcha para dar atención a los monumentos históricos de la ciudad de Puebla. Tras el sismo ocurrido el 19 de septiembre en las zonas centro, sur y sur occidente de México, se tuvieron noticias de las afectaciones sufridas en un amplio conjunto de monumentos históricos de los estados afectados.

09 Oct 2017 description

Depuis 2013, le programme de renforcement des capacités pour l'éducation (CapED) au Niger, coordonné par l’UNESCO Dakar, accompagne le gouvernement nigérien dans ses efforts visant à maintenir les filles à l’école par l’amélioration de leurs performances en mathématique et en sciences.

Les disparités de genre dans l’éducation en défaveur des filles persistent au Niger, en particulier à la période de l’adolescence où les rôles associés aux filles et aux garçons sont très ancrés dans la société et les mentalités de la population.

09 Oct 2017 description

Since 2013, the Capacity Development for Education (CapED) Programme in Niger, coordinated by UNESCO Dakar, has been supporting the Nigerien government in its efforts to retain girls in school by improving their performance in mathematics and in science.

Gender disparities in education persist in girls’ disadvantage in Niger, particularly during adolescence, when gender roles for girls and boys are deeply rooted in society and people’s mentality.

09 Oct 2017 description

Community Girls Schools (CGS) is a unique education program designed to accelerate equitable access to quality basic education for girls aged between 8-12 years in villages that have no established formal schools. It’s a modified education program which offers flexible learning opportunities to learners mainly in lower primary education, where girls are expected to constitute 70% of the total learners, and boys constitute the remaining 30%.

Maps / Infographics

3 entries found

Jobs

3 entries found
12 Oct 2017 description
job Closing date: 13 Nov 2017 UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization

Consultancy announcement: Evaluation of the Global Education Monitoring Report (GEM Report)

The United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) hereby invites qualified companies to submit proposals to conduct an Evaluation of the Global Education Monitoring Report (GEM Report) Programme 2015-2017 .

The evaluation is planned to take place between December 2017 and July 2018.

03 Oct 2017 description
job Closing date: 18 Oct 2017 UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization

The United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) hereby invites qualified companies / individuals to submit proposals to conduct a Mid-Term Review of the UNESCO Operational Strategy on Youth.

The evaluation is planned to take place between October 2017 – March 2018.

Interested companies / individuals will find more information on how to obtain a complete set of Solicitation Documents by clicking on the following link:

https://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice/62678

29 Sep 2017 description
job Closing date: 30 Oct 2017 UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization

Under the overall authority of the Chief of DCE, and the direct supervision of the chief of DCE Policy and Research Unit, and in close cooperation with the UNESCO Web Architect (ERI) and webservers administrator (KMI), the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the overall maintenance as well as designing and coordinating the development of the 2005 Convention’s Knowledge Management System (KMS). While he/she will manage directly part of the technical developments, services related to maintenance and technical development will be outsourced.