This report is published under the coordination of the National Office for Risk and Disaster Management (BNGRC), with input from all relevant Ministries and the Humanitarian Country Team, which includes the United Nations System in Madagascar. It covers the period until 13 November 2017.
This report is published under the coordination of the National Office for Risk and Disaster Management (BNGRC), with input from all relevant Ministries and the Humanitarian Country Team, which includes the United Nations System in Madagascar. It covers the period until 31 October 2017.
The epidemic remains active in 12 districts.
1,836 cases have been identified (253 confirmed, 693 probable and 890 suspected), 61 per cent of which were pneumonic.
14/22 regions and 40/114 health districts have reported cases of pneumonic plague; 6 affected districts have not registered new cases for 15 days.
1,192 cases have been identified with 124 deaths; 67 per cent of cases were pneumonic.
780 patients have been cured since the beginning of this epidemic, others are receiving treatment in hospitals.
Less than 30 per cent of people who had contact with patients can be traced.
• 14/22 régions et 40/114 districts sanitaires ont rapporté des cas de peste pulmonaire; 6 districts n’ont plus enregistré de nouveaux cas depuis 15 jours.
• 1.192 cas ont été recensés et 124 personnes décédées, dont 67% de forme pulmonaire.
• 780 malades sont guéris depuis le début de cette épidémie, d’autres sont encore sous traitement à l’hôpital.
• Moins de 30% des personnes en contact avec les malades ont pu être tracées.
• Thirty-five districts have been affected; of which 6 districts have not recorded new cases for the past 15 days.
• A total of 610 cases have been recorded with 63 deaths. The capital Antananarivo is the most affected with 347 cases and 30 deaths.
• The case fatality rate has stabilized at around 10 per cent. About 68 per cent of all cases have been pneumonic.
• On 12 October 2017, 61 new cases were treated, including 42 in Antananarivo Renivohitra.