Pledges of monetary and logistical support have started pouring in after the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) issued an appeal for assistance in its sworn mission to “provide hope to the most vulnerable” communities affected by Typhoon Ompong (Mangkhut).
Even though Typhoon Ompong has left the country, the Philippine Red Cross remained on the ground to rescue and provide relief to communities devastated by the typhoon’s path.
Richard Gordon, chairman of the country’s foremost humanitarian organization, said there would be not letup even after the Philippines is now out of harm’s way.
As of 7 a.m., Tuesday, PRC provided 8,394 individuals with hot meals and rendered psycho-social support to 1,687 persons. Biscuits were handed out to 3,726 individuals and bottled water to 89 individuals.
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Red Cross uniforms.
Once again, Philippine Red Cross (PRC) humanitarian workers have proven that it would take more than strong winds and heavy rains to crush their determination to deliver service to the most vulnerable.
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) deployed a “humanitarian caravan” consisting of rescue and relief vehicles from its National Headquarters in Mandaluyong in anticipation of the impact of Typhoon Ompong (Mangkhut) in Northern Luzon provinces.
The mobilization of the assessment and rescue teams follows Chairman Richard Gordon’s directives to augment the operations in the affected areas, especially in the Northern Luzon.
Manila, 12 September 2018 – Red Cross teams have been placed at the highest level of alert as communities in Northern Luzon in the Philippines brace for Typhoon Mangkhut (known locally as Ompong). Mangkhut is expected to make landfall Saturday morning of 15 September.
Maps & Infographics
- Be responsible for the over-all implementation and monitoring of the Welfare Service project activities for UPL project and new livelihood project in Manila in accordance to standards and policies
- Ensure that the focal point/s based at the Chapters are properly monitored through field visits and thru communication platforms;
Provide direction and technical support to the project team staffs and volunteers
Facilitate activities and make recommendation for project planning
Lead new project development and detailed implementation planning
Support PRC in the construction of project proposals in alignment with the AmRC/PRC Strategic Engagement Plan
Lead capacity building activities for PRC staff and volunteers in subjects related to project design and proposal development
Development and maintenance of comprehensive monitoring and evaluation systems at the delegation and project level
- Provide Technical guidance and project management to ensure the achievement of project objectives and delivery of project outputs on time.
- Close consultation with EMS, MIS, PMER, and MCI
- Support in the design of project proposals, budget, and log frame.
- Facilitate activities and make recommendation for project planning
- Undertake and perform any other activities and tasks as required by the PRC, i.e., as requested NHQ through the Safety Service.