By Gerald Tenywa
UWA’s Public Relations manager, Bashir Hangi, said the items will support 200 people from 34 families, staying at Bukalasi, which was the epicenter of the flash floods on October 11th, 2018.
BUDUDA - Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) has donated items worth sh10m to Bududa landslide victims, through a local church at Bukalasi.
The donation is in response to a request for garden tools made to UWA, by the victims.
By Robert Ariaka
South Sudanese refugees in Bidibidi settlement camp staged a violent strike over lack of food destroying vehicles and looting properties.
The violent strike that occurred on Friday silently started cropping up on Monday when a section of refugees missed food.
World Food programmre policy changed merging the existing food distribution points and creating long distance for the refugees to access food.
The refugees protest comes as a result of walking long distances to collect food besides those who missed.
By Norah Mutesi
John Nambohe, the commissioner for emerging medical services at the health ministry said the they had so far trained 460 health workers in handling emergency cases.
Government has embarked on fresh training of health workers and volunteers to work as first responders during emergencies like epidemics and calamities.
The floods, which first hit Kasese in May 2013, have also destroyed private and public property worth unspecified billions of shillings, including Kilembe Mines Hospital.
Five years after floods devastated Kasese, they have re-invaded the district, killing one person, almost drowning another in Karusandara subcounty and displacing about 8,000 others.
Nelson Kule, aged 35, of Nyabubare village is still missing after reportedly drowning when River Mubuku burst its banks and invaded about nine villages.
By Taddeo Bwambale
Health officials have stepped up surveillance against the deadly disease which has claimed over 100 people in neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
A health surveillance team has been deployed at Uganda’s border points with Congo since the outbreak started about two months ago. Uganda has had no Ebola outbreak since 2012.
Dr Henry Mwebesa, the director general of health services said the health taskforce had so far screened 220 suspected cases of Ebola but none has tested positive for Ebola.