• The Emergency Telecommunications Cluster (ETC) has developed a contingency plan based on a worst-case scenario and presented it to the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) during the Cluster Defence meetings.
• The ETC is currently developing a project proposal for an additional Services for Communities (S4C) project in Sana’a University, which would involve the ETC rehabilitating the IT infrastructure at the university to allow students to continue their studies.
- The Emergency Telecommunications Cluster (ETC) continues to develop a Services for Communities (S4C) project through collaborating with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) on its Community Resource Centres (CRC) project.
- The ETC team is in the process of recruiting an Information Management Associate and an S4C specialist.
- To enable it to continue its planned activities in 2018, the ETC has requested an extension to its grant under the Iraq Humanitarian Fund.