UNITAR – UNOSAT has performed a rapid satellite based analysis and assessment to illustrate the impact in the wake of Tropical Cyclone Mekunu-18 over Samha Island, Socotra Governorate, Yemen using a Pleiades image acquired on 04 June 2018.
• Analyses of main settlement of Samha island did not show extensive damage as of 04 June 2018,
• About 50 Structures were identified on the image and few of them were identified having potential minor damage,
• Evidences of recent water flow in wadis were observed,
• A potential flash floods may have occured but no evidences of important damage,
• No major landslides observed,
• This is a preliminary analysis and has not yet been validated in the field. Please send ground feedback to UNITAR – UNOSAT.