• Heavy rain has been affecting several parts of the country over the past weeks causing floods.
• National authorities reported at least 25 people dead, 125 injured and several missing in the district of Huruma (Nairobi) due to a building collapsing on 29 April due to heavy rain, as of 6 May. Furthermore, local media reported a further seven people dead and hundreds displaced in Turkana county, one missing in Mombasa county, as well as traffic disruption in both counties, as of the same day.
• On 7 May Lake Baringo overflowed causing a further four people to die and more than 4 000 to evacuate in the county of Baringo, as of 12 May.
• According to media reports, severe weather, including heavy rain, strong winds and thunderstorms, affected northern and central Bangladesh on 12 May causing casualties.
• Local media reported over 30 people dead and several injured, due to lightning, in the districts of Dhaka, Gazipur, Bogra, Natore, Hobiganj, Naogaon, Nilphamari, Sirajganj, Rajshahi, Pabna, Kishoreganj and Brahmanbarhia, as of 13 May.
• According to official reports, heavy rain affected Kalimantan (central-northern Indonesia) on 10 May causing floods.
• National authorities reported three people dead, one missing, over 900 affected and over 160 homes partially or fully damaged in the province of South Kalimantan, as of 12 May.