Syria – Conflict
• The Syrian Arab Red Crescent Society (SARC), the ICRC and UNRWA confirmed that some families have fled to areas adjacent to the camp. Most families managed to reach nearby areas just east of Yarmouk and are currently accommodated in Yalda, Beit Sahem and Babbila, where food, water and basic assistance is being provided through SARC. Another small group of people from Yarmouk is displaced in Tadamon where UNRWA is delivering basic assistance and organizing medical care. Still, there are grave concerns regarding the protection of families still in Yarmouk camp; where violence and living conditions are extreme.
• ECHO continues working closely with partners and has provided €2.5 million in emergency funding to UNRWA to support the delivery of humanitarian assistance to Yarmouk families and other vulnerable Palestinian refugees in Idleb, Dar’a and Aleppo.
• In other parts of the country, violent attacks, fighting, and aerial bombardment continue affecting heavily populated areas. In the eastern governorate of Deir ez-Zor ISIL has laid siege to the neighbourhoods of Qusur and al-Joura where 228,000 people live.
Yemen - Complex emergency
• On 11 April, airstrikes hit Sana’a governorate, reportedly killing three civilians, while in al-Jawf governorate four civilians were killed.
• Airstrikes have also intensified in both Aden and in the city of Hawta.
• On 12 April, IOM operated its first flight to evacuate 140 third country nationals out of Sana’a (of which 79 were EU citizens).
Russia - Forest fires
• Since the 12 April, southern Siberia has been affected by several forest fires affecting 5,000 people with 15 people reported dead killed in the Republic of Khakassia.
• As of 13 April, the fires have been extinguished.